It makes one wonder how the mortars used in the Civil War didn’t sink out of sight in the mud on the battlegrounds. How long did it take to embed these beasts for defense and especially for offense?
Lineagekeeper Daily News
Click to read
Articles By Calendar Date
Comments DisabledDue to an inordinate increase in Spam, the comments function has been disabled.
- lineagekeeper on A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames
- Lisa Nap on A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames
- Friday Finds – 07/12/13 on The Lives of the Governors of New Plymouth
- Friday Finds – 08/24/12 on FamilySearch Wiki ~ Research Logs
- Friday Finds – 10/05/12 on A Story of Ancestral Serendipity of a Sort
- Friday Finds–01/25/13 on Using Asana in Genealogy
- The November Uprising Begins (1830) 29 November 2013An attempt to overthrow Russian rule in Poland, Lithuania, Belarus, and Ukraine, the November Uprising was the result of long-simmering resentments that came to a head when news broke of a Russian plan to use the Polish Army to suppress revolutions in France and Belgium. It began when a group of Warsaw-based Polish Imperial Russian Army cadets took up arms a […]
- The November Uprising Begins (1830) 29 November 2013