During the mining boom days of Park City, Utah, homes were almost stacked on each other and were frequently built with cheap materials and poor construction standards.
Unfortunately for John Featherstone and his wife, a chimney fire started in their home above the kitchen stove. The home burned to the ground because it was located above the level of the town water supply tanks. Fortunately for their neighbor, whose home only feet away, the fire failed to fully ignite their roof when the owner and neighbors were able to keep the flames at bay with pots of water and snow balls.
The URL for this post is: