In 1863, it was easy to enlist in the U.S. Navy. If you were able-bodied all you had to do was fill out an application. Was there a waiting period for a background check and a period to reconsider your decision before induction? I doubt it.
Lineagekeeper Daily News
Click to read
Articles By Calendar Date
Comments DisabledDue to an inordinate increase in Spam, the comments function has been disabled.
- lineagekeeper on A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames
- Lisa Nap on A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames
- Friday Finds – 07/12/13 on The Lives of the Governors of New Plymouth
- Friday Finds – 08/24/12 on FamilySearch Wiki ~ Research Logs
- Friday Finds – 10/05/12 on A Story of Ancestral Serendipity of a Sort
- Friday Finds–01/25/13 on Using Asana in Genealogy
- The November Uprising Begins (1830) 29 November 2013An attempt to overthrow Russian rule in Poland, Lithuania, Belarus, and Ukraine, the November Uprising was the result of long-simmering resentments that came to a head when news broke of a Russian plan to use the Polish Army to suppress revolutions in France and Belgium. It began when a group of Warsaw-based Polish Imperial Russian Army cadets took up arms a […]
- The November Uprising Begins (1830) 29 November 2013