1722 - Abt 1800 (~ 77 years)
||George Bruce, (Twin) |
||Y  |
||27 Apr 1722
||Leochel-Cushine, Aberdeenshire, Scotland 
||Mill Owner  |
||Tavern Owner  |
||, Frederick, Virginia
- In 1747 he was not yet married, as his brother James was instructed by their father's will to help him build a barn and house on George's share of the land. He sold the land and bought land on Evan's Run from his mother-in-law Mary Ross Littler. Here he operated a mill and tavern, or Inn, and this became Bruce's Mills, and later Brucetown. Francis Asbury stayed there while he was preaching, and referred to George as "a Lily among the thorns". [3, 4]
||25 Sep 2004 |
||John Bruce, b. Sep 1690, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland , d. 23 Sep 1748, Winchester, Frederick, Virginia (Age ~ 58 years) |
||Sarah Caroline Coles, c. 1694, Fordyce, Banffshire, Scotland , d. Westchester, Frederick, Virginia |
||Abt Aug 1714
||Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
||Rachel Littler, b. 1731, , Chester, Pennsylvania , d. Abt 1820, , Frederick, Virginia (Age 89 years) |
||23 Sep 1748
||16 Sep 2006 |
- [S8188] Descendants of William Anderson of Anderson's Bottom, W. Va., Olive I. McFarland, (Salt Lake City : Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1973. Film #940943, item 14), 940943, item 14., George Bruce, brother of James Bruce of Scotland (Reliability: 3).
- [S8200] Albins of Virginia, Ethel Winifred Albin, (Sabetha, Kans. : Ethel W. Albin, c1989 #929.273 AL14ae), 929.273 AL14ae., 3 (Reliability: 3).
- [S8200] Albins of Virginia, Ethel Winifred Albin, (Sabetha, Kans. : Ethel W. Albin, c1989 #929.273 AL14ae), 929.273 AL14ae., 4 (Reliability: 3).
- [S8231] Bruce family of Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Indiana, (Salt Lake City : Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1984. FHL Film #1412126 Item 7
John Bruce and his wife Sarah emigrated from Scotland to Winchester County, Virginia between 1737 and 1740.).