| 1840 - 1925
||18 Jun 1840
||Mason, Warren, Ohio
||Deerfield Township, Warren, Ohio 
- Nicholas Bennett, 64, farmer, real estate $8600, born in Pennsylvania. Rachel Bennett, 46, born in Pennyslvania. Nancy Bennett, 19, born in Ohio. Hiram Bennett, 21, farmer, born in Ohio. Adra Bennett, 16, born in Ohio. Jackson Bennett, 14, born in Ohio. Hannah Bennett, 10, born in Ohio.
||Mason, Warren, Ohio 
||Deerfield, Warren, Ohio 
- Hannah J. Foster, 39, keeping house, born in Ohio. Elbert W. Foster, 20, carriage painter, born in Ohio. Rachel Bennett, 75, mother, born in Pennsylvania.
||Mission, Brown, Kansas 
||Effingham, Benton, Atchison, Kansas 
||16 Oct 1925
||Marceline, Linn, Missouri
||18 Oct 1925
||Horton, Brown, Kansas
- Obituary record sent to John E. Bennett found in a collection by Ron Tucker.
Hannah Jane Bennett was born in Warren County, Ohio, June 18, 1840, and was
married to Victor Foster in 1860.
One son was born to this union, Elbert W. Foster, with whom she came to
Kansas about 38 years ago. He died at Effingham, June 28, 1921.
Grandma lived at Effingham for 18 years before going to Marceline, Mo., with
her granddaughter Mrs. F. E. Tucker, three years ago.
She died at her home in Marceline October 16, 1925. The body was taken to
Horton, Kansas for burial Sunday October 18, by the side if her son.
Grandma was a Seven Day Adventist, and they conducted the funeral services
at the home in Marceline, assisted by the Christian minister, Saturday
afternoon at 3:00 o'clock.
The funeral offerings sent by friends and neighbors were beautiful. Grandma
Foster was the youngest and the last of the original Bennett family of Ohio,
whose history was published in a book form. They were said to be the seventh
largest family in the United States. The book contains many interesting stories
and pictures of early days and family ties, and now is in the posession of Mrs.
W. H. Tucker met the Foster funeral party in St Joe, Sunday, and accompanied
it to Horton. Few people are afflicted as Mrs. Hannah Foster was. She had
suffered from a malignant growth on her breast for over 60 years.
Grandma Foster, who lived with her granddaughter, Mrs. Frank Tucker, at
Marceline, Mo., passed away last week, and was buried beside her son in the
Horton cemetary. The Tuckers accompanied the remains to Horton. Grandma Foster
and her son lived in Horton several years ago before they moved to Effingham.
Mrs. Foster has been ill with a cancer for many years and bedfast most of the
past year. She was a lovely old lady, up in the eighties, who had the devoted
and effectionate care of her granddaughter. With all the care, of her famnily
of five small children, no one ever heard Mrs. Tucker complain about her being
a burden, but always was cheerful and willing to care for her. Grandma Foster
reared Mrs. Tucker and the latter certainly reciprocated for her kindness in a
most wonderful manner.
Hannah Jane Bennett, fourth daughter of Nicholas and Rachel Bennett, was born
in Warren county, Ohio, June 18, 1840, and was married to Victor S. Foster,
December 9, 1858. "Aunt Hannah" as one of the two surviving members of the
large family of Nicholas Bennett, is a person of interest to the Bennett
family. She resides with her son Elbert Foster, at Effingham, Kansas. Aunt
Hannah has been an invaluable aid to the writer in preparing this record. Her
memory and activity are remarkable for one of her age, and she writes a most
interesting letter. Much of the information concerning the early history of the
family was contributed by Aunt Hannah, and she is most anxious to see this work
Taken from "History and Record of Nicholas Bennett Sr. and His Discendants".
||7 Apr 2003 |
||Nicholas Bennett, b. 19 Aug 1786, Ligonier Valley, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania , d. 17 Sep 1852, Mason, Warren, Ohio |
||Rachel Anderson, b. 25 Jun 1804, , Lancaster, Pennsylvania , d. 21 Feb 1881, Mason, Warren, Ohio |
||4 Oct 1827
||Mason, Warren, Ohio
||Victor S. Foster, b. 1839, , Warren, Ohio , d. Yes, date unknown |
||9 Dec 1858
||, Warren, Ohio
|>||1. Elbert Warren Foster, b. 12 Feb 1860, Mason, Warren, Ohio , d. 27 Jun 1921, Effingham, Atchison, Kansas |
||21 Feb 2005 |
|Born - 18 Jun 1840 - Mason, Warren, Ohio
|Census - 1850 - Deerfield Township, Warren, Ohio
|Married - 9 Dec 1858 - , Warren, Ohio
|Census - 1860 - Mason, Warren, Ohio
|Census - 1880 - Deerfield, Warren, Ohio
|Census - 1910 - Effingham, Benton, Atchison, Kansas
|Buried - 18 Oct 1925 - Horton, Brown, Kansas
|| : Address
: Not Set
- [S208] Ohio, Warren, Deerfield - 1850 - Federal Census, Ohio, Warren, Deerfield, (www.ancestry.com), Hannah Bennet, 10, born in Ohio (Reliability: 3).
- [S252] Ohio, Warren, Mason - 1860 - Federal Census, Ohio, Warren, Mason, (www.ancestry.com).
- [S245] Ohio, Warren, Deerfield - 1880 - Federal Census, Ohio, Warren, Deerfield, (www.familysearch.org).
- [S12] Kansas, Brown, Mission - 1900 - Federal Census, Kansas, Brown, Mission, (www.ancestry.com).
- [S13] Kansas, Atchison, Benton, Effingham - 1910 - Federal Census, Kansas, Atchison, Benton, Effingham, (www.ancestry.com).