1805 - 1843
||Captain Alexander William James Logie |
||26 Dec 1805
||Goa, Bombay, India 
||2 Aug 1813
||Christchurch, Greyfriars, London, England 
- Name: Alexander William James Logie
Baptism/Christening Date: 02 Aug 1813
Baptism/Christening Place: CHRIST CHURCH GREYFRIARS NEWGATE,LONDON,LONDON,ENGLAND
Birth Date: 26 Dec 1805
Father's Name: Alexander Gordon Matthias Logie
Mother's Name: Emma Elizabeth
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C00134-2
System Origin: England-ODM
Source Film Number: 417990
Collection: England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Alexander William James Logie was born at Bombay on 26 December 1805. He received a classical education at the establishment of the Reverend Dr. Nicholas in Ealing and in May 1826 was appointed to a Cadetship in the Bombay Infantry by Director Joseph Bosanquet on the recommendation of Captain George Wellstead. He was then living with his mother and maternal grandfather, Joseph James in Battersea. [Cadet Papers, L/MIL/9/163, ff 88-90]
Appointed Ensign on 6 Jun 1826, Logie arrived at Bombay by the ship 'Hannah' on 17 September of the same year. He was promoted Lieutenant 25 January 1828 and Brevet Captain 6 Jun 1841. He served with the 11th Native Infantry at various parts of the Bombay Presidency latterly at ____ in Cutch. He died at the cantonment of Harsol near Ahmedabal on 23 October 1843, (East India Register 1844). A notice appeared in the Bombay Times, 8 November 1843.
Neither ecclesiastical returns nor the record of letters of administration to his estate indicate that he had a wife / children, so he was probably unmarried.
||23 Oct 1843
||Ahmedabal, Bombay, India 
||6 Jul 2010 |
||Alexander Mathius Gordon Logie, b. 28 Feb 1781, Fochabers, Morayshire, Scotland , d. 23 May 1815, Surat, Gujarat, India |
||Emma Elizabeth (Elinor) James, b. 29 Sep 1781, Goa, Bombay, India , d. 14 Feb 1840, Kensington, Chelsea NW, Middlesex, England |
||24 Jul 1804
||Goa, Bombay, India 
- [S673] India - Military Records, Hodson, V. C. P, (London : Phillimore, 1927-1947. FHL Film #845177).
- [S575] England, London, Christchurch Newgate Street - Church records - Christchurch Greyfriars, Church of England. Christchurch Newgate Street (London), (Salt Lake City [Utah] : Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1964, 1968.. FHL Film #417979), Alexander William James Logie blessed 2 Aug 1813 (Reliability: 4).
- [S670] Scotland, Moray, Speymouth - Church records, Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Speymouth, (Salt Lake City : Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1977. FHL Film #990811).