1608 - 1661 (53 years)
||Annetje (Annatie) (Baerents) Barent (Van Rotmers) Van Rotmer |
||Altenbruch, Oudebroek, , Germany 
|to America |
- This document establishes the place of origin of Albert Bradt's wife, Annetie Baerents. The early translator of the document translated her home as "Oudenbrath" but should have read: Oudebroek, or in German "Altenbruch", from which she and her mother, Gessel Baerens (who "assisted" her daughter, and also came to "America"), came. The document also names the uncle of Albert Bradt, Lourens Pieters, who assisted Albert. Albert signed the document while Annetie merely made her mark. Both Albert and Annetie are recorded as being 24 years of age on 27 March 1632.
||Rensselaer, Albany, New York 
- of Oudenbroek (now Altenbruch, Niedersachsen, Germany?) other spelling: Annetie Barents van Rotmerz. Her mother was Gessel Baerens.
The Van Rotmers family apparently originated on the North Sea coast at the mouth of the Elbe River, just east of Cuxhaven in what is now the German state of Niedersachsen. They are associated with two towns that are called Altenbruch and Otterndorf in German and Oudebroek and Aterendorp in Dutch; we do not know in which of them Annetie was born. From her patronymic, we can tell that her father was named BARENT VAN ROTMERS. Her mother's name was GEESJE VAN ROTMERS, but we do not know this woman's family name. Geesje is thought to have been born about 1591.
Annetie's father Barent seems to have died before 1632, as he is never mentioned in the surviving records. At that time her mother, Geesje, was living on Schaepensteegje (Sheep Alley), which is near Rembrandtplein in Amsterdam. During the fall of 1640, Geesje Van Rotmers immigrated to New Netherland aboard a ship called den Wagterhondt (The Waterhound). At some point – Bradt family researchers think before she immigrated – she married a gunner at Fort Orange named Pieter Jacobsz van Rynsburch. She is thought to have died before April of 1658 and definitely was deceased by 1663.
||14 Sep 2006 |
||Barent Von Torrmers Rottmer, b. 1583, Otterndorf, Germany , d. Bef 1632 (Age 49 years) |
||Geesje (Gessel) (Baerens) Jb.Darhter Barents, b. 1586, Otterndorf, Germany , d. 1663, , , New York (Age 77 years) |
||Of Albany, Albany, New York
||Albert Andriessen Bratt, (Denoorman), b. 1607, Fredrikstad, Glommern River, Norway , d. 7 Jun 1686, Albany, Albany, New York (Age 79 years) |
||11 Apr 1632
||Oude Kerk Dutch, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- On 27 March 1632, Alber Andriessz from "Frerickstadt" and Annatie Baerents (Barents) from "Oedenbroek" recorded their marriage intentions at the Oudekerk (Old [Reformed] Church) in Amsterdam, where they were married on Easter Sunday, the 11th of April. He was twenty-four years old, a sailor in the merchant marine, living on the Romboutsteegh (Roumbout Alley), and, in the absence of his parents, was accompanied by his uncle, Lourens Pieters, presumably his mother's brother.
The prospective bride was also twenty-four, living on the Schaepensteegje (Sheep Alley), and was assisted by her mother, Gessel Baerens. Her original home (elswhere spelled Oudebroek), is a translation fo Altenbruch, a town on th enorth German coast at the mouth of the Elbe River, just east of Cuxhaven. Other records mention a family (or farm) name, Rotmers. Annatie's brother, Barent Barentsz, sometimes gave another place of origin, Aterendorp: that woudl be the German town of Otterndorf, about three miles from Altenbruch. There was a Röttmer family in Otterndorf at that time. 
|+||1. Aefje (Eva) Albertse Bradt, b. 9 Jan 1633, Amsterdam, , Noord-Holland, Netherlands , d. 1689, Hurleyville, Sullivan, New York (Age 55 years)|
|+||2. Barent Albertse Bratt, c. 22 Oct 1634, Amsterdam, , Noord-Holland, Netherlands , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||3. Storm Albertse Van Der Zee Bratt, b. 2 Nov 1636, On Ship, Atlantic Ocean , d. Abt 1679 (Age 42 years)|
| ||4. Engeltje Bradt, b. 1637, New Netherlands, New York , d. 1683, , , New York (Age 46 years)|
| ||5. Gisseltie Andriesz Bratt, b. Abt 1640, New Netherlands, New York , d. 2 Dec 1676, , , New York (Age ~ 36 years)|
| ||6. Andries Bradt, b. Abt 1642-1647, New Netherlands, New York , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||7. Jan Albertsz Bradt, b. Abt 1648, Rensselaerswyck, Albany, New York , d. 1698 (Age ~ 50 years)|
| ||8. Dirck Barentsz Bradt, b. Abt 1650, New Netherlands, New York , d. Yes, date unknown|
||14 Sep 2006 |
- [S7598] Bradt Albert - Baerents Annetie immigration record, (Immigration Records of Albany, New York.).
- [S7600] Norwegian family in Colonial America, Peter R. Christoph, (Salem, Mass. : Higginson Book, [1996?]), 48 (Reliability: 3).
- [S7600] Norwegian family in Colonial America, Peter R. Christoph, (Salem, Mass. : Higginson Book, [1996?]), 5 (Reliability: 3).