1830 - 1866
||William S. Bruce |
||9 Mar 1830 
||Light Cemetery, Oaktown, Knox, Indiana 
||21 Jun 1866
||, Knox, Indiana
- 11 May 1865 Final settlement of the estate of Spier Bruce was filed in the Knox County Court by Catharine Bruce, Administrator, wherein she listed the heirs of Spier Spencer Bruce as:
1) William S. Bruce-aged about 32 years who lives in Knox Co.
2) Mary Christ-aged about 27 years who lives in the State of Illinois
3) David M. Bruce-aged about 24 years who lives in Knox Co.
4) grandsons David Philips-aged about 7 years, and James Philips-aged about 5 years who live in Knox Co. (children of Jane Bruce Phillips, deceased)
5) granddaughter Sarah Bruce-aged about 6 years who lives in Green County, Indiana (daughter of John Bruce (?), deceased)
Each heir was entitled to "one fifth of said balance except David and James Philips and that they are each entitled to one tenth...". Each heir was paid $60.47.
(Probate Package, Lewis Library at Vincennes University, Box 69, File 1864, Aug 1999)
||14 Apr 2009 |
||Spier Spencer Bruce, b. 11 Feb 1804, , Nelson, Kentucky , d. 30 Aug 1864, Bruceville, Knox, Indiana |
||Rachel Chambers, b. Abt 1810, , Knox, Indiana , d. Mar 1846 |
||20 Mar 1827
||, Knox, Indiana [2, 3, 4]
- [S1144344] Light Cemetery Tombstone Transcriptions, Compiled by Christian Iverson, 21 October 1993.
- [S1141751] Mrs. Kenneth Klippel (Lesly), 4581 Powderborn Ct., San Jose, CA 95136, (LDS Ancestral File No. AF97-101990, SLC FHC, Nov 1998).
- [S1141752] Early Marriages of Indiana, Kenneth Gene LINDSAY, (Kenma Publishing Company, 1911 Conlin Ave., Evansville, IN 47714), Page 9 (Reliability: 3).
- [S1141518] Indiana Marriages to 1850, Jordan Dodd, (Provo, Utah: Ancestry.com, 1997).
Last Name: Chambers
First Name: Rachel
Spouse- Last Name: Bruce
Spouse- First Name: Spear