1825 - 1912
||Martha Lyle Rogers |
||1 Jan 1825
||Meigs, Meigs, Ohio
- Martha's death certificate gives her birthdate as Jan. 1, 1825.
||Clinton, Boone, Indiana 
- Martha Anderson, 45, keeping house, born in Ohio. Hiram Anderson, 16, farm laborer, born in Indiana. Mary Anderson, 14, born in Indiana. Alonzo Anderson, 13, farm laborer, born in Indiana. Ida M. Anderson, 12, born in Indiana.
||Stringtown Cemetery, Douglas, Madison, Iowa
||18 Feb 1912
||, Madison, Iowa
- Mrs. Martha Anderson died this morning at 3:10 after an illness which confined her to the house for five years, and kept her bedfast since last August. Her death occurred at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Bert Signor, 914 North Ninth Street, with whom she has made her home for eighteen years and whose devotion was a comfort to her declining years. Mrs. Anderson celebrated her 85th birthday last January. She was a widow for fifty-two years. Her husband died en route to Kansas from their home in Indiana. His death and burial occurred at Winterset, Iowa, and her remains will be placed beside him there. Five years ago Mrs. Anderson was stricken with paralysis. She grew gradually worse and her death was due to the complications, which have arisen since she was first stricken. She is survived by four grown children: H. R. Anderson, Mrs. Bert Signor, A. B. Anderson, all of Atchison, and Mrs. N. E. Bennett of Abilene. At 4 o'clock this afternoon brief funeral services were held at the Signor home, after which the remains were carried to the train, and Mrs. Signor and her brothers H. R. and A. B. Anderson, accompanied them to Winterset, where the funeral and interment will occur tomorrow.
Atchison Daily Globe, February 18, 1912
- On her death bed, she raised up and said "Hiram!" and then closed her eyes. Her children took her body to Winterset, Madison, Iowa to be buried beside Hiram.
Stringtown Cemetery Douglas Township, Madison County, Iowa
Anderson, Hiram B., b. 1830, d. 5-16-1859, h/o Martha L. Anderson, Martha L., b. 1825, d. 12-4-1912, w/o Hiram B. Anderson, William, d. 2-24-1880, 61 y
||27 Nov 2011 |
||Hiram Benton Anderson, b. 7 Aug 1830, Marion, Hancock, Ohio , d. 4 Dec 1859, , Jefferson, Iowa |
||22 Sep 1853
||, , Boone, Indiana 
- Title: Index to Marriage Records 1844 - 1920 Inclusive Volume I Letters A to K Inclusive
Record Location: Boone County, Indiana W. P. A. Original Record Located: County Clerk's Office Lebanon Compiled by Indiana Works Projects Administration 1940
Spouse 1: Hiram B Anderson
Spouse 2: Martha Rogers
Marriage Date: 22 Sep 1853
Date: 22 Sep 1853
|>||1. Hiram Franklin Anderson, b. 1854, , , Indiana , d. Yes, date unknown|
|>||2. Mary Esley Asenath Anderson, b. 24 Oct 1855, Lebanon, Boone, Indiana , d. Jan 1920, Atchison, Atchison, Kansas |
|>||3. Ida May Anderson, b. 09 Jul 1854, , , Iowa , d. 06 Dec 1938, Abilene, Dickinson, Kansas |
|>||4. Alonzo B. Anderson, b. 1857, , , Indiana , d. 1943|
| ||5. Child Anderson, b. Abt 1859, Of, , , Ohio , d. Yes, date unknown|
||21 Feb 2005 |
|Born - 1 Jan 1825 - Meigs, Meigs, Ohio
|Married - 22 Sep 1853 - , , Boone, Indiana
|Census - 1870 - Clinton, Boone, Indiana
|Buried - Feb 1912 - Stringtown Cemetery, Douglas, Madison, Iowa
|Died - 18 Feb 1912 - , Madison, Iowa
|| : Address
: Not Set
- [S222] Indiana, Boone, Clinton - 1870 - Federal Census, Indiana, Boone, Clinton, (www.ancestry.com).
- [S51] Indiana - Index to Marriage Records - 1842 - 1920, United States. Works Progress Administration (Indiana), (Indianapolis : Indiana State Library, 1983.), 332 (Reliability: 3).