1838 - 1907 (69 years)
||Jacob F. Mulford |
||12 Aug 1838
||, Dearborn, Indiana
||Salt Creek, Mason, Illinois 
- Jacob F. Mulford, 31, real estate $3000, property $600, born in Indiana. Clarinda Mulford, 22, keeps house, born in Illinois. Thomas E. Mulford, 3, born in Illinois. Carrie F. Mulford, 1, born in Illinois. Norman Mulford, 5 mos, born in illinois. Mary, Yillcor, 14, born in Illinois.
||Salt Creek, Mason, Illinois 
- Jacob Mulford, 41, farmer, born in Indiana. Clarinda Mulford, 32, keeping house, born in Illinois. J. T. E. Mulford, 13, born in Illinois. C. I. Mulford, 11, born in Illinois. N. O. Mulford, 9, born in Illinois. E. M. Mulford, 8, born in Illinois. R. E. Mulford, 7, born in Illinois. J. H. Mulford, 3, born in Missouri. W. D. Mulford, 2, born in Missouri. O. J. Mulford, 1, born in Illinois.
||6 Dec 1907
||Kirksville, Adair, Missouri
||Oak Grove Cemetery, Kirksville, Adair, Missouri
- Jacob enlisted in the U.S. Service on Aug. 1, 1861 during the outbreak of the Civil War. He served with Company C, 28th Regiment of the Illinois Infantry Volunteers. He received a bullet in his leg at the battle of Shiloh, which took him three months to recover. On his military records, he is listed as a prisoner at Shiloh, but after his recovery, he deserted. In Jan. 5, 1864, he re-enlisted as a filer, a year later he deserted again -- listed as sick in Illinois. April 14, 1866 mustered-out at Brownsville, Texas.
After the Civil War, he married May 27, 1866, Clarinda McCarty. She was the daughter of Thomas and Malinda McCarty, who came from Ohio in 1837 to settle near Mason City, Illinois. One of four children, Clarinda was born in Salt Creek Township, Mar. 18, 1848. She ran away to marry Jacob, against her parents wishes, and because of this, her father was said to disinherit her. Her parents were very wealthy farmers and never liked Jacob.
During the war, Jacob mortgaged his farm in order to buy more land, then after the war, corn sold for only 10 cents a bushel and Jacob lost everything.
On Sept. 12, 1874, they moved to Missouri and remained three years, then returned to a farm in Salt Creek Township. Along with farming, Jacob did a lot of fishing and hunting for their food and living.
Clarinda died June 29, 1884, at the age of 36 years. Burial in Mason City Cemetery, Mason City, Illinois in the McCarty plot.
Jacob died Nov. 29, 1907 at his home in Kirksville, Missouri. His age 69 years, 3 mos. and 17 days. Burial in an old country cemetery, Oak Grove Cemetery, near Kirksville, Missouri.
||24 Jan 2004 |
||Daniel W. Mulford, b. 9 Aug 1808, , Hamilton, Ohio , d. 26 Feb 1888, , Mason, Illinios (Age 79 years) |
||Aurilla Forkner, b. 1816, , , Ohio , d. 4 Jun 1854, Milford, Hamilton, Ohio (Age 38 years) |
||25 May 1834
||, Mason, Illinios 
||Clarinda McCarty, b. 18 Mar 1848, Salt Creek, Mason, Illinois , d. 29 Jun 1884 (Age 36 years) |
||27 May 1866
||, Mason, Illinios
|+||1. Thomas Edgar Mulford, b. 28 Apr 1867, , Mason, Illinios , d. 30 Jan 1923, , Mason, Illinios (Age 55 years)|
| ||2. Carrie I. Mulford, b. 5 Dec 1868, , , Illinois , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||3. Norman O. Mulford, b. 7 Mar 1870, Mason, Effingham, Illinois , d. 24 Dec 1944, , Mason, Illinios (Age 74 years)|
|+||4. Effie M. Mulford, b. 14 Sep 1871, , , Indiana , bur. Des Moines, Polk, Iowa |
|+||5. Rosa Ellen Mulford, b. 29 Jan 1873, Salt Creek, Mason, Indiana , d. 11 Apr 1935, Olney, Richland, Illinois (Age 62 years)|
| ||6. Jacob E. Mulford, b. 22 Aug 1874, , , Indiana , d. 26 Dec 1877 (Age 3 years)|
|+||7. John H. Mulford, b. 14 Jun 1876, , , Indiana , bur. New Salem, Pike, Illinois |
|+||8. William Lindsay Mulford, b. 4 Nov 1877, , , Indiana , d. Abt 1928 (Age 50 years)|
|+||9. Orrilla Jane Mulford, b. 12 Mar 1879, , , Illinois , bur. Prarie Rest Cemetery, Delavan, Tazewell, Illinois |
|+||10. Alvin Luther Mulford, b. 8 Oct 1880, , , Illinois , d. 8 Oct 1940, Mason City, Mason, Illinois (Age 60 years)|
| ||11. Walter M. Mulford, b. Sep 1882, bur. , , Kansas |
| ||12. Orlando Mulford, b. 1884, , , Illinois , d. 1886 (Age 2 years)|
||21 Feb 2005 |
- [S785] Illinois, Mason, Salt Creek - 1870 - Federal Census, Illinois, Mason, Salt Creek, (www.ancestry.com).
- [S786] Illinois, Mason, Salt Creek - 1880 - Federal Census, Illinois, Mason, Salt Creek, (www.familysearch.org).
- [S884] Mulford Family Bibles - Wahlbom, Jeannette Mulford. Wahlbom - owner, (First entry was in 1752. Entries transcribed by Jeannette Mulford Wahlbom. Copy in possession of Lee Drew), Daniel, son of Daniel and Mary Mulford was married to Aurilla Forkner May 25, 1834. (Reliability: 3).